Duration: 1 day
In this course, students will identify effective project management practices and their related processes. They will examine the elements of sound project management and apply the generally recognized practices to successfully manage projects.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify the key processes and requirements of project management.
- initiate a project.
- plan for time and cost.
- plan for project risks, communication, and change control.
- manage a project.
- execute the project closeout phase.
This course is designed for individuals whose primary job is not project management, but who manage projects on an informal basis. Also, anyone who is considering a career path in project management and desiring a complete overview of the field and its generally accepted practices can take up this course.
To ensure your success, we recommend you have some working knowledge of your computers operating system.
1 - GETTING STARTED WITH PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Describe a Project
- Describe the Project Management Life Cycle
- Identify the Role of a Project Manager
- Determine the Scope of a Project
- Identify the Skills for a Project Team
- Identify the Risks to a Project
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Sequence the Activities
- Create a Project Schedule
- Determine Project Costs
- Analyze the Risks to a Project
- Create a Communication Plan
- Plan for Change Control
- Begin Project Work
- Execute the Project Plan
- Track Project Progress
- Report Performance
- Implement Change Control
- Close a Project
- Create a Final Report