Duration: 4 days
To prepare candidates to sit the Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM)® Exam and ensure competence in applying project management knowledge in predictive, adaptive and hybrid environments.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
FREE Private Instructor Time
FREE Career Coaching Session
|You get two (2) 30-Minute online sessions with your instructor after your class end date. This can be used to get clarification on topics that are still unclear or practice certain exercises that you may not have yet mastered. Sessions are private between you and the instructor.||Your instructor can help you use your new credential to gain career momentum. Whether its increasing your salary or getting promoted, your instructor will work with you to identify a plan of action to use your new certification to achieve the success you desire.|
While the course is very theory-based, it will also be collaborative and interactive in applying the techniques of Project Management. All examples will be chosen based on real-life scenarios with practical application of knowledge in the students’ own field of work and expertise. The course covers both predictive and adaptive methods of project management based on the Project Management Body Of Knowledge (PMBOK)® Version 7 and The Agile Practice Guide.
Project Management Fundamentals and Core Concepts
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various project life cycles and processes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of project management planning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of project roles and responsibilities.
- Determine how to follow and execute planned strategies or
- Demonstrate an understanding of common problem-solving tools and techniques.
Predictive, Plan-Based Methodologies
- Determining when to use a predictive, plan-based approach.
- Demonstrate an understanding of a project management plan schedule.
- Determine how to document project controls of predictive, plan-based projects.
- Determining when to use an adaptive approach.
- Compare the pros and cons of adaptive and predictive, plan-based projects.
- Determine how to plan project iterations.
- Determine how to document project controls for an adaptive project.
- Explain the components of an adaptive plan.
- Determine how to prepare and execute management steps.
Business Analysis Frameworks
- Demonstrate an understanding of business analysis (BA) roles and responsibilities.
- Determine how to conduct stakeholder communication.
- Determine how to gather requirements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of product roadmaps.
- Determine how project methodologies influence business analysis processes.
- Validate requirements through product delivery.
For more information about the CAPM please visit:
Exam fees for the CAPM Exam are NOT INCLUDED
PMI Members $225
Non Members $300
Secondary high school diploma or equivalent
This course is designed for persons in a variety of job roles who currently contribute to project teams in various ways, including providing subject matter expertise (e.g., marketing, finance, customer care, processing, fulfillment) and serving as project team sponsors, facilitators, liaisons, or coordinators, but who do not function as project managers and who have little or no formal exposure to or training in standardized project management terminology and processes.