Duration: 5 days
The Certified Information Systems Security Officer course is designed for forward-thinking security professionals that want the advanced skillset necessary to manage and consult businesses on information security
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
The C)ISSO addresses the broad range of industry best practices, knowledge and skills expected of a security leader. The Candidate will learn both the theory and the requirements for practical implementation of core security concepts, practices, monitoring and compliance. Through the use of a risk-based approach, a C)ISSO is able to implement and maintain cost-effective security controls that are aligned with business requirements.
Whether you are a responsible for the management of an Cyber Security team, a Security Officer, an IT auditor or a Business Analyst, the C)ISSO course is the ideal way to increase your knowledge, expertise, skill, and credibility.
The C)ISSO program standards are closely aligned with those of the ISO27001, NIST, CISM® and the CISSP® CBK® exam objectives. The C)ISSO excels by providing a well-rounded, comprehensive overview of essential security topics.
Have knowledge to detect security threats and risk
Have knowledge to accurately report on their findings from examinations
Have knowledge to design a security solution to mitigate risk and threats
Be ready to sit for the C)ISSO Exam
- Module 1: Risk Management Module 11: Telephony, VPNs and Wireless
- Module 2: Security Management Module 12: Security Architecture and Attacks
- Module 3: Identification and Authentication Module 13: Software Development Security
- Module 4: Access Control Module 14: Database Security and Development
- Module 5: Security Models and Evaluation Criteria Module 15: Malware and Software Attacks
- Module 6: Operations Security Module 16: Business Continuity
- Module 7: Symmetric Cryptography and Hashing Module 17: Disaster Recovery
- Module 8: Asymmetric Cryptography and PKI Module 18: Incident Management, Law, and Ethics
- Module 9: Network Connections Module 19: Physical Security
- Module 10: Network Protocols and Devices
The Certified Information Systems Security Officer exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (MACS), which is accessible on your mile2.com account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple choice questions. The cost of $300 USD is INCLUDED in your course fee.
A general knowledge of information systems and security
Who Should Attend:
IT Auditors, System Administrators, IS Managers, Security Consultants