Duration: 2 days
The mile2 Certified Security Sentinel training is intended for anyone that uses a computer on the internet. Attendees will understand the security threats as well as the countermeasures associated with these attacks.
No events to show
Employees will learn that the weakest link in any security program is a poorly trained department. This course teaches general security awareness as well as how to develop a strong security culture within your company’s community. The Social Engineering portion of the class is designed to teach the participants the skills used by Social Engineers to facilitate the extraction of information from an organization using technical and non-technical methods.
Computer fraud, black-hat hacking, cyber-terrorists; these phrases describe an innovative generation of criminals that use over-the-wire technology to attack us, steal from us and terrorize us. However the best tool in their arsenal is not new. It is only used by the most experienced, the most dangerous, boldest hackers.
The mile2 Certified Security Sentinel program is innovative and trains students on how attacks are performed, the skills necessary to perform an attack, how to train people to identify an attack but most importantly: How to train internal targets so that the training is effective and lasts.
- Module 1 - Basic Security: How to secure a computer for personal internet use
- Module 2 - User Awareness
- Module 3 - Implementing Countermeasures
- Module 4 - Essential Security Awareness for Everyone
- Module 5 - Using the Internet at Work
- Module 6 - Accessing the Company's Network Through Your Assigned Computer
- Module 7 - Accessing the Corporate Network Remotely
- Module 8 - Social Engineering
- Module 9 - Understanding and Manipulating our Target
- Module 10 - Researching Our Target
- Module 11 - Methods of Deception
The Certified Security Sentinel exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account. The exam will take 1 hour and consist of 25 multiple choice questions. The cost is $200 USD and is included in the course fee.
- None – This is an entry level course
- End User
- Company Employee
- Basic Computer User