Duration: 5 days
The Certified Professional Ethical Hacker course is the introductory training to mile2's line of penetration testing courses and certifications.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
The CPEH certification training enables students to understand the importance of vulnerability assessments by providing industry knowledge and skills in Vulnerability Assessment. In doing so, the CPEH student is able to understand how malware and destructive viruses function. In addition, the CPEH course helps students learn how to implement counter response and preventative measures when it comes to a network hack.
The CPEH course provides in-depth Labs that focus on both open source and commercial based tools with industry best practices. These hands on labs emulate real world hacking scenarios and equips the candidate to assess your company’s security posture, help implement controls to better secure your companies network infrastructure and how to combat against hackers and/or viruses, etc.
- Module 1 - Security Fundamentals
- Module 2 – Access Controls
- Module 3 - Protocols
- Module 4 -Cryptography
- Module 5 - Why Vulnerability Assessments?
- Module 6 - Vulnerability Tools of the Trade
- Module 7 - Output Analysis and Reports
- Module 8 - Reconnaissance, Enumeration & Scanning
- Module 9 - Gaining Access
- Module 10 - Maintaining Access
- Module 11 - Covering Tracks
- Module 12 - Malware
- Module 13 - Buffer Overflows
- Module 14 - Password Cracking
- Appendix 1 - Economics and Law
- Appendix 2 - Vulnerability Types
- Appendix 3 - Assessing Web Servers
- Appendix 4 - Assessing Remote & VPN Services
- Appendix 5 - Denial of Service
The Certified Professional Ethical Hacker exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple choice questions. The cost is $400 USD and is included in the class fee.
It is recommended that participants have the following:
- 12 months of IT security experience
- 12 months of Network
This class is intended for:
- Information System Owners
- Security Officers
- Ethical Hackers
- Information Owners
- Penetration Testers
- System Owner and Managers
- Cyber Security Engineers