Duration: 1 day
In this course, students will learn the fundamentals of database concepts in a cloud environment, get basic skilling in cloud data services, and build their foundational knowledge of cloud data services within Microsoft Azure.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
Students will identify and describe core data concepts such as relational, non-relational, big data, and analytics, and explore how this technology is implemented with Microsoft Azure. They will explore the roles, tasks, and responsibilities in the world of data. The students will explore relational data offerings, provisioning and deploying relational databases, and querying relational data through cloud data solutions with Microsoft Azure. They will explore non-relational data offerings, provisioning and deploying non-relational databases, and non-relational data stores with Microsoft Azure. Students will explore the processing options available for building data analytics solutions in Azure. They will explore Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Databricks, and Azure HDInsight. Students will learn what Power BI is, including its building blocks and how they work together.
Describe core data concepts in Azure
ü Explain concepts of relational data in Azure
ü Explain concepts of non-relational data in Azure
ü Identify components of a modern data warehouse in Azure
1 - EXPLORE CORE DATA CONCEPTS
- Explore core data concepts
- Explore roles and responsibilities in the world of data
- Describe concepts of relational data
- Explore concepts of non-relational data
- Explore concepts of data analytics
- Explore relational data offerings in Azure
- Explore provisioning and deploying relational database offerings in Azure
- Query relational data in Azure
- Explore non-relational data offerings in Azure
- Explore provisioning and deploying non-relational data services on Azure
- Manage non-relational data stores in Azure
- Examine components of a modern data warehouse
- Explore data ingestion in Azure
- Explore data storage and processing in Azure
- Get started building with Power BI
2 - EXPLORE RELATIONAL DATA IN AZURE
3 - EXPLORE NON-RELATIONAL DATA IN AZURE
4 - EXPLORE MODERN DATA WAREHOUSE ANALYTICS IN AZURE
Prerequisite certification is not required before taking this course. Successful Azure Data Fundamentals students start with some basic awareness of computing and Internet concepts, and an interest in extracting insights from data.
Experience using a web browser, such as Microsoft Edge.
Familiarity with basic data-related concepts, such as working with tables of data in a spreadsheet and visualizing data using charts.
A willingness to learn through hands-on exploration
The audience for this course is individuals who want to learn the fundamentals of database concepts in a cloud environment, get basic skilling in cloud data services, and build their foundational knowledge of cloud data services within Microsoft Azure.
Please note that exam fees are not included. Should you wish to book a test, kindly register at www.pearsonvue.com selecting Advantage Caribbean Institute as your testing center.